LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

10 Pounds!

3/12: 194.5 lbs
That is -4.5 pounds since last week.

Holy cow! Those last 5 pounds were awful. I have been struggling all week with trying to exercise and not hurt my back. I have to be very careful until I strengthen up my lower and mid back muscles. I found that back extensions work those muscles and I have been doing a few of those every day.

Food-wise I am doing better with my cravings. I have them better under control this week. I have stayed under 1500 calories every day. I have continued to drink water. Lots of water. I've seen that my body will tell me when I am dehydrated, even though I am amazed that someone who drinks as much as I do can get dehydrated...but it is possible.

My parents really demonstrated their support for me this week. I had talked to them about how much water I am drinking. We have well-water and it hasn't been tested in a while, but Dad said that last time it was tested it was heavy in metals and "stuff". We also discussed the fact that I have been reusing water bottles that probably weren't meant to be reused.  The next day my parents went to the store and when they came home they brought me back a water filter pitcher thing-y and a "jug" for drinking my water out of.

Seriously, the water bottle holds over 36 ounces! I love it though.

Other lessons learned this week: I learned that my brain confuses "sleepy" and "hungry". I stayed up kind of late one night and I soon found myself wanting to snack. I went and got a few Nilla wafers. That didn't put a dent in my craving. I sat and thought for a minute. I had eaten dinner and so the Nilla Wafers should have fixed any craving.  The more I thought, I realized..."I'm SLEEPY!" I'm really glad I learned this, so that later if I have that experience again I know how to address it.

Today is my 1 month anniversary of the day I took the first steps to a healthier me. I'm so glad I did. I feel better than I have in years! I look forward to keeping up with the process.

2 comments: